certification for 4th consecutive year
MSA has retained The Planet Mark™ Certification after cutting its total operational carbon footprint by 13% in 2016-17, compared to the previous year.
The Planet Mark™ Certificate recognises MSA's good practice in sustainability, including:
- measuring carbon emissions from electricity, fleet, water and travel
- cutting its total carbon footprint by 13%
- Reducing its electricity emissions by 18%
- investing in the Eden Project to support education on climate change
- storing 260 tCO2e by protecting one acre of endangered rainforest through the charity Cool Earth
- committing to engage employees and suppliers to drive improvements.
MSA has set a further 5% carbon reduction target for its next annual reporting period.
Presenting the award, founder of The Planet Mark™ Steve Malkin, said: “The team at MSA has been relentless in reducing its carbon emissions. MSA is a great example of how sustainability becomes a way of doing business and that ongoing carbon reduction is something we can all achieve.”