Grosvenor Shopping Centre
Sectors: Town Centre/Retail/Leisure/Hotel
Planning Permission Granted: Various
• MSA provided town planning advice for a number of development projects to help re-purpose vacant areas of retail space and secure permission for alternative uses at the shopping centre.
• Chester City Centre contains a wealth of heritage assets. The Grosvenor Shopping Centre is within a conservation area and adjacent to a number of Listed Buildings.
• Planning Permission was secured for the following projects, all of which needed to consider the surrounding heritage context and required close work with the Local Planning Authority at pre-application stage and in the determination process to agree conditions:
· Conversion of vacant retail space to food and beverage use (A3 & A4) – 2017
· Conversion and extension of vacant office premises to Travelodge Hotel – 2017
· Conversion of vacant retail and office space to Premier Inn Hotel - 2018