Island Road West P
Sectors: Industrial, Warehouse
Floorspace: 11,067 sq m
Planning Permission Granted: October 2017
• Planning advice was provided for the development of this former landfill site adjacent to the River Kennet in Reading.
• This awkwardly-shaped site is affected by a number of constraints, including level differences, Tree Preservation Orders, and Protected Species.
• The development of the site was optimised to provide 2 employment units, one of which had a pre-let agreed.
• Planning was secured following considerable negotiation with the Planning Authority to ensure that the quantum of floorspace could be maintained whilst dealing appropriately with the sensitive parts of the site.
• MSA were also retained to secure the discharge of pre-commencement conditions, some of which required detailed negotiation with the Planning Authority and other consultees.